Spent some time editing the final paper before it was submitted.
This is the total time our team spent discussing things over Facebook as to what we were doing. We used the messenger to quickly decide meeting spots, meeting times, and writing/speaking tasks.
Worked individually on my portion of the Client Written Report. My sections discussed some of the challenges, but also the benefits of working with Girl Scouts. I also discussed the extra things we taught such as internet safety and being patient when teaching others. I believe that our teams report turned out very well written.
Went to the Girl Scouts Headquarters and were able to teach some girls the basics of Bridging the Digital Divide. We taught and discussed email, social media safety, and we were shown some of Girl Scouts' fantastic other programs such as Coder Girls. It was a very informative and fulfilling experience.
Met with my team to get our final product in order. This includes our team report at the Google offices as well as a delegation of tasks on who is doing what in terms of the final report. This was an effective meeting because it showed how much we have grown throughout the semester as a team. We also were able to discuss the final testimony from our community partners.The final meeting and presentation went extremely well.
Preparation for the final presentation at the Google offices. This includes practicing my speaking parts, delegation of who is going to say what, and knowing the PowerPoint so one is not glued to it when he/she is giving the presentation.
The Google Mentors came in and trained us, gave advice, and offered assistance where it was needed. Unfortunately, I felt as if our Google Mentor did not really understand what we were doing nor did he feel any sort of need to actually give us any insight. I think the whole partnership with Girl Scouts threw him off. He eventually helped us decide where to allocate the money that we were given in order to benefit our Community Partners.
Team meeting to discuss the power point as well as a continued solo effort amongst many of us to make it look as good as possible. The Power Point was used for our main Google presentation. I spent individual time working on this power point as well
Our team met with the Google Mentors in class. Although they were very insightful, I felt as if they did not have a grasp as to what our main goal was. Either way, they helped us decide where our money should be allocated.
Google Cohort Meeting. We met with our Community Partner (my first time meeting with him). We discussed the logistics of the program as well as how to make ourselves seem as interesting as possible to the audience. We also watched an interesting presentation about hostility in the workplace and how to identify it.