The goal of the Adopt-A-Park Program is to build a sense of community pride and ownership around every
neighborhood park. Adopt-a-Park is a collaborative partnership between Austin Parks & Recreation and Austin
Parks Foundation to build community and stewardship at neighborhood parks throughout Austin. The program
supports and champions a growing network of groups caring and advocating for neighborhood parks.
The Adopt-a-Park group will:
- commit to a minimum of one year of service.
- organize a community-based volunteer group.
- be inclusive and welcome all stakeholders and park users that want to be involved with the park.
- utilize a collaborative approach and attempt to build consensus.
- track volunteer projects and hours using GivePulse
- acquire approval prior to initiating any maintenance, improvement projects or programming.
The Parks and Recreation Department will:
- communicate about plans for the park.
- review, approve and collaborate (where possible) on volunteer and park improvement projects.
- bring park professional knowledge, expertise and perspective.
Austin Parks Foundation will:
- provide tools, volunteer recruitment, resources and grant opportunities.
- provide training and education.
- bring park system advocate perspective and knowledge.