|Age Limit||Teens & Older|
This event is for people who have been wanting to be mentored and have not yet had the chance to be paired up with a mentor. This will be a kick start to show you details of what will be expected and worked on during your time in Horse Handler Mentorship.
- Must be 14 years of age
- Must be able to identify horse behaviors and maintain horses in emergency situations.
- Must demonstrate that they can competently lead a horse during a therapy session.
- Commitment to read, understand, and apply all R.O.C.K. equine procedures.
- Demonstrate safe horse handling skills during the training session.
- Completion of New Volunteer Orientation, Side Walker 101, and 10 hours experience volunteering in the arena at R.O.C.K. are prerequisites for this training.
- Pass the R.O.C.K. Horse Handler Certification Test.
|Causes||Animals Children & Youth Community Computers & Technology Persons with Disabilities Education Faith-Based Health Older Adults Sports & Recreation Veterans & Military Families Gender|
9 Positions Filled | 7 Impacts | 10 Hours