We will be hosting the November 5th volunteer day at the south end of the park from 10am-noon. We can all meet at the picnic tables and people can find parking available along the streets adjacent to 1100 Kingsbury. We will provide waters, gloves, and all necessary equipment for these projects but ask for everyone to wear pants and closed toe shoes and be prepared for outdoor activity. Here is what we are planning for activities:
- General Trail Maintenance (raking and distribution of mulch/crushed granite and cutting back overgrown vegetation)
- Invasive Species Removal (identifying and removing invasive plants with weed wrenches)
- Tree care (mulching and root collar clearing)
- General Park Clean up (Police the park for trash and debris to be thrown away)
- Graffiti Removal (Painting over or removing graffiti from shoal creek pedestrian bridge and other park facilities/structures)
We ask that everyone come prepared for outdoor activity and to dress appropriately.
We will be providing waters, snacks, gloves, and all necessary tools for volunteer activities.
Parking is available on the streets adjacent to this address and in the parking lot at the intersection of Kingsbury and Parkway. Please respect parking signs. We will meet at the picnic tables in the park.
94 Positions Filled | 45 Impacts | 89 Hours